Sunday, August 22, 2010

 

Got Grace?

If you don't have Grace on your Restaurant Week list, then you need to make some modifications or else miss out on the best Restaurant Week meal FWJoey and I have ever had. I recently wrote that our dinner at Bailey's Prime was the best Restaurant Week experience we have had, but Grace has now taken that title from Bailey's.

For our first course, I had the roasted pepper soup and FWJoey had the baby back ribs. I actually liked the Asian flavor of the ribs a little better than my soup, however, I was still pleased with the soup because it was a nice, light way to begin the meal. The second course was the Central Market course consisting of a beautiful Maine diver scallop and Berkshire pork on a bed of al dente black eyed peas. This "Surf and Turf" course should not be missed. It was one of the highlights of the night.

FWJoey and I next enjoyed the petite filet served alongside polenta and a sweet corn succotash. The filet was well seasoned and delicious. For dessert, FWJoey ordered the peach cobbler and I tried the red velvet cake (even though I am not a huge cake fan). We preferred the peach cobbler, but FWWhitney gave high marks to the red velvet cake.

Restaurant week menu is $35 for all four fabulous courses (assuming you have the vouchers from Central Market for the Surf and Turf). For an additional $20, you can have a perfectly paired wine with each course. I recommend the wine pairing without any reservation as each wine we tried was great.

Grace is offering its Restaurant Week menu through August 4th so it isn't too late to make your reservations.

Grace
777 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
(817) 877-3388
www.gracefortworth.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?