Thursday, April 09, 2009

 

Has Anyone Else Forgotten About Cafe Aspen?

When is the last time you went to Cafe Aspen? For me, it was today at lunch. But prior to that, I cannot say that I remember the last time I went for a meal or a cocktail. This surprises me because I actually like the place and cannot give a reason why I had not been there in so long. Today's lunch reminded me that Cafe Aspen is a place worth checking out - especially if you have not been in awhile.

While I don't love the atmosphere/layout of the main dining room, the bar/lounge in the back of the restaurant has alot to offer. Diners can choose from the full restaurant menu (which is known for its beef tenderloin ($28) and chicken fried lobster ($31)) or the extensive bar menu where many of the items are priced under $10. Two of my past "bar menu" favorites that are still offered are the Southwestern Crab Cake ($9) and the "Gourmet" Quesadilla ($9) (which consists of Brie, caramelized walnuts and apple smoked bacon). Ymmmmmmm. And for all you burger fans - they have one of those too that FWJoey would recommend.

Next week is a great time to check out Cafe Aspen because David Rotman, original founder and owner, is celebrating the restaurant's 20th birthday. In honor of this mileston, David is putting together some special offers. Here are the two best offers that I have heard about...

First, the beef tenderloin entree will be offered for a mere $12.95 during the week of April 13-18. That is a savings of more than 50% off the regular menu price. According to the website, the entree consists of a pepper crusted beef tenderloin, pan seared and finished in the oven, topped with a roasted garlic and bleu cheese sauce and paired with grilled portabello mushrooms and roasted fingerling potatoes. This is a STEAL of a deal. When FWJoey and I were more frequent visitors of Cafe Aspen, we would often enjoy the beef tenderloin so I know I won't have any trouble talking him into taking me there next week!

Second, on Wednesday, April 15th from 4-7 (Happy Hour), you can get FOUR margaritas (or house wine or beer) and an appetizer for only $20. Girlfriends....can you say Happy Hour??!! With nice weather approaching, I'll see you on the patio!!

Comments:
TCYLA is having its happy hour here tonight.
 
Heard it closed. Sad.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?