Monday, February 23, 2009

 

Rush to Ruffino's

If you have not been to Ruffino's recently, then I suggest going because they have a wonderful, new executive chef - Asdren Albanese. Asdren returned to Fort Worth after attending the French Culinary Institute in New York City. After meeting Asdren and tasting his food, it is obvious that he brought with him an enthusiastic attitude and talented culinary skills. Some are saying that Asdren's energy has rejuvenated Ruffino's!

Chef Albanese started us off with an amuse-bouche that consisted of smoked salmon on a fresh cucumber. Tasting this first bite got me excited about what was to come. Next, I enjoyed the Wild Mushroom Crostini as my starter which was topped with a delicious mixture of granny smith apples, walnuts, and gorgonzola ($4 per person). For my entree, I ordered the Caprese Salad ($10) instead of a pasta or fish because I was in the mood for something a bit lighter. Boy, oh boy, did I make a good choice! The buffalo mozzarella had a wonderfully rich flavor and was perfect with the fresh tomatoes, olive oil, basil and balsamic vinegar. The presentation was also lovely. I would order this again in a heartbeat!

Others with me enjoyed the russet potato gnocchi ($12 for the generously sized starter) and the lasagna ($17). I sampled both items and was incredibly impressed. Between courses, Chef Albanese sent out a delightful palette cleanser consisting of lemon and sage flavored crushed ice. Fantastic!

I am uncertain whether all diners are treated to the amuse-bouche and the palette cleanser or if we were just lucky, but either way, I recommend dinner at Ruffino's. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was charming and romantic. At the time we went, we were told that bottles of wine are half-price on Thursdays. I know what night I'll be introducing FWJoey to Ruffino's!

Ruffino's Italian Restaurant
2455 Forest Park Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76110
(817) 923-0522
www.ruffinosfinedining.com

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?