Saturday, September 06, 2008

 

Excited about Mac's on 7th

FWJoey and I checked out the newest restaurant to open in Montgomery Ward Plaza last night, Mac's on 7th. I think this was its first weekend to be open, but we certainly could not tell. Everything ran smoothly. I even had an opportunity to observe the manager handle a customer who was unhappy with her food entree (that customer was me....more on that momentarily) and was impressed with his professionalism and prompt remedy.

Here's what happened...I made a poor choice when choosing my initial entree. I was debating between the mahi mahi ($16.25) and the seafood relleno ($13.75). Upon the server's recommendation, I ordered the seafood relleno. Turned out the relleno was too hot for my taste. I should have known better because I can be a wimp when it comes to spicy foods. I caught the manager's attention and explained that the dish was too spicy for me. He immediately took action and before I knew it, I was very much enjoying the mahi mahi. The manager suggested that I get the mahi mahi's chipotle-cilantro sauce on the side because it, too, was a little spicy. The sauce was spicy, but not too spicy for me to tolerate and I really enjoyed its flavor! FWJoey also enjoyed it and stated he would be ordering the mahi mahi on our next visit.

FWJoey enjoyed the chicken fried steak ($10.50). I tasted it and found it to be better than others I have tried. Good, peppery gravy. To keep things light (LOL), we opted to try the seven cheese macaroni ($3.75) and boy, we were glad we did! The mac and cheese was gooey perfection.

For an appetizer, we shared the small portion of the Blue Crabfingers ($9.50). The butter and garlic that the crabfingers were sauteed and served in reminded me of a shrimp scampi sauce. It was tasty, but a little messy. I think I have decided I am not a fan of crabfingers and/or snowcrab. I don't like the manner in which I have to eat it. Next time, we'll be trying the crab cakes ($9.75) as our appetizer.

The atmosphere was nice. Dim lighting, but not too dim and high ceilings which lowered the noise from the dinner crowd. The menu had a large variety of entrees to choose from. Lots of steak, seafood, and chicken. We will definitely be a repeat customer at Mac's!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?