Wednesday, August 27, 2008

 

Spiral Diner: I'll be going back for more!

Spiral Diner is a vegan restaurant which basically means that none of the menu items contain meat, milk or eggs. Spiral has received consistently positive reviews from non-vegans, so I think I expected the food to be OK. What I did not expect was for the food to be GREAT! I would have NEVER guessed the food was vegan b/c it is that good. You cannot tell!!

OKJenny and I met at Spiral for lunch and shared a few different menu items - all of which were impressively delicious! We started with a limeade drink. OKJenny tried the coconut limeade ($1.95) and I tried the agave limeade ($1.95). Both were tasty and refreshing! The agave limeade was a little less sweet which may be why it was our server's preference (I also preferred it slightly over the coconut). Next, we ordered a small hummus appetizer ($4.25) which is served with your choice of corn chips and/or corn or flour tortillas. We tried the chips and the flour tortillas and recommend the flour tortillas.

We ordered two entrees and shared both of them. First up was the McNutt burger ($6.95) which had a patty consisting of sunflower seeds, carrots, brown rice and spices. The burger comes on an organic bun, but our server suggested we order it on Spelt-Quinoa bread. We went with her suggestion and could not have been more pleased by the burger! It became an instant favorite of mine! It will be hard for me to try other items at Spiral because of how much I enjoyed the McNutt burger.

The second entree we tried was the "Ate" Layer Burrito ($7.95) which contained taco meat, mexican quinoa, black beans, tomato, diced red onion, avocado, corn, black olives, sour cream, and chipotle mayo. The burrito was really good, but OKJenny and I both preferred the burger. We did not have room for dessert but there were plenty of fabulous looking offerings that I intend to try on another visit.

Spiral's atmosphere was hip and friendly. Very cool vibe. I noticed they serve up a brunch on Sundays that offers, among other things, all you can eat pancakes for $5.95. Based on my experience, I would be willing to bet those pancakes are yummo! See you soon at Spiral!!

Spiral Diner and Bakery
http://www.spiraldiner.com/
1314 W Magnolia Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76104
(817) 332-8834

Comments:
I'll be back too, and recommend it to omnivores and herbivores. I had the club sandwich and loved it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?