Saturday, June 14, 2008

 

Breakfast Rocks at Ginger Brown's

Since I knew Ginger Brown's made delicious homemade cinnamon rolls, FWJoey and I decided to check it out for breakfast. I think I expected it to be good, but I did not expect it to be great! In fact, I remember thinking in the car on the way to Ginger Brown's that I hoped I wasn't going to wish we had just gone to Paris Coffee Shop for breakfast.

I am happy to report we were not disappointed and I did not find myself wishing we had gone to Paris. Instead, we were excited to find a new breakfast spot (even if it is in Lake Worth). FWJoey had the Texas Triple ($6.95) which included all your basic breakfast comfort foods such as biscuits (perfectly baked to a golden brown), sausage gravy, eggs, bacon and hash browns. To FWJoey's surprise, all of these items arrived in one large pile with everything smothered in gravy (rather than your ordinary breakfast presentation). FWJoey described his meal as the "triple bypass" for good reason. Can't be getting this every weekend, but once in awhile, it should be acceptable.

My breakfast tacos were delicious (two for $3.29) and came with a side of fresh salsa. I have had a hard time finding a good solid breakfast taco...until now. My search is over.

We shared a few bits of a fluffy pancake, but could not finish it. We also skipped the cinnamon roll even though every other diner seemed to be enjoying one. Ginger Brown's also had a nice looking selection of freshly baked jumbo cookies such as chocolate and peanut butter, chocolate chunk, oatmeal, etc... We were tempted but successfully fought the urge to further splurge.

Ginger Brown's Lake Worth location in a strip center next to Albertson's makes it easy for many living in Fort Worth to miss, which is too bad. I know we'll be going back despite the out of the way location!

Ginger Brown's Old Tyme Restaurant
6312 Lake Worth Blvd
Lake Worth, TX 76135
(817) 237-2114

Comments:
We like Ginger Browns too! Since that is in our neck of the woods--let us know next time you go and we will meet you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?