Tuesday, February 05, 2008

 

Vidalias: Will it last?

It is hard to predict whether Vidalias is making a lasting impression on its patrons. On two recent lunch visits, the crowd has been relatively small. The menu claims to be Southern inspired and includes entrees such as pecan crusted chicken and chicken fried rib eyes. The lunch menu also includes a good selection of sandwiches including a delicious sliced prime rib sandwich ($10) and turkey sliders ($8). I enjoyed the sliced prime rib sandwich so much the first time that I ordered it again on my second visit. Each sandwich comes with your choice of sweet potato fries, waffle fries or small salad. I have tried both types of fries and thought both were perfectly crisp and excellent. Definitely far above average!

Everyone I have dined with at Vidalias enjoyed their meal. Food that has been ordered and enjoyed by friends include the pecan crusted chicken, the chicken sandwich with blue cheese (although there seemed to be a little too much blue cheese), the onion soup, and the pulled pork sandwich.

For me personally, this is not the type of food I crave for dinner and since the dinner prices are substantially more expensive, I do not foresee a dinner experience in my immediate future. If you go for dinner, please come back to my blog and leave a comment letting us know how it was!

Vidalias is located in the Renaissance Worthington Hotel in the space formerly occupied by the Chisolm Club and more recently occupied by the very brief Sam & Harry's.

Comments:
Burger was good. Sylvia is beautiful. Crab Bisque also good. What a nice place for Fort Worth.
 
Ate there for lunch. Food was average. Service was great. Crowd was thin.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?