Friday, February 08, 2008

 

Pleased with Piola!

Today, FWKelly and I had an impressive lunch at Piola Italian Restaurant and Garden. From the moment, we entered the restaurant, everything was wonderful... from the cozy, inviting atmosphere to the delicious food to the lovely presentation of the food. There was nothing to be disappointed about which must be why I have been in a good mood ever since!

We started with the bruschetta (5.95) which was buttered toasts served around warm goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, red bell peppers and grilled radicchio. It was a great way to start our meal. I was very tempted to try the shrimp stuffed baby portobello mushrooms but did not since FWKelly is not a fan of mushrooms. I'll save those for my next visit which I suspect will be soon.

For entrees, FWKelly thoroughly enjoyed the eggplant parmigiana (9.95) and I thoroughly enjoyed the stuffed chicken ($10.95). We both devoured everything on the plate! FWKelly commented that she does not usually eat too much but in this case, her food was so good, she could not stop eating it until it was all gone. Sounds like a pretty high compliment to me! My chicken breast was stuffed with a mild spinach/ricotta blend and served on the best polenta I have ever had. There was just a little bit of buttery artichoke sauce drizzled on the plate and the chicken was surrounded by 3-5 huge artichoke hearts that were great. Next time, I will likely try the lasagna which I was told was very good and FWJoey will try the chicken parmasean!

I was so impressed by our first two courses that I just had to try a dessert so I twisted FWKelly's arm and we shared the crème brulee. It was yummy and the top was perfectly crispy. The strawberry that topped the crème brulee and the chocolate sauce that was artfully splattered on the plate made the presentation memorable.

Not only was our food fabulous, our server was also impressive. She was friendly, knowledgeable and offered suggestions when asked. She told us that the dinner menu was substantially similar to the lunch menu with slightly higher prices.

Piola is located at 3700 Mattison Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas 76107 which is in the cultural district near the intersection of Camp Bowie and Montgomery Street. If you decide to go (which you should in my opinion), reservations are recommended.

Comments:
Good on atmosphere at night, but the food and service were disappointing. My chicken fettucine had no more that 2 oz. of chicken it it. Will probably give it one last try and see what it's like to sit on the patio.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?