Thursday, February 07, 2008

 

Brix Pizzeria

Brix Pizzeria just opened and is located on Hulen next door to Snookies (in the space briefly occupied by Spice). FWAmie and I checked it out during lunch. I was impressed by the service, the management and the food. We started with the Caprese ($6.50) which consisted of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and aged balsamic. The balsamic was especially good and really made the dish stand out. The portion was more appropriate for one person rather than for sharing. Next time, I'll order the Caprese all for myself.

For our entrees, we each tried one of the pizzas. I had the Pollo E Cipollo ($13) which was grilled chicken, caramelized onions, mozzarella and mushrooms. The toppings were very generous! The pizza was impressive, but it did not have any tomato sauce which made it a touch bland for my taste. FWAmie had the Parmigiana ($12) which was tomato, mozzarella, eggplant, parmigiano and basil. I liked this pizza a little better and I think it was mainly because I enjoyed the tomato sauce! Next time I go, I'll likely try something new, but I'll be sure to ask if it has tomato sauce!

The desserts sounded wonderful, but we had no room. FWJenny, however, tried Brix over the weekend and reported that the Hot Fudge Croissant ($5.75) was a winner! Yummo! In addition to pizzas, the menu offers a variety of paninis priced at $8.75 and served with choice of fries or mixed green salad).

Although, I did not try any of the wine, I reviewed the wine list and thought it was promising. Each wine category seemed to offer at least one selection by the glass. The prices started at $6, but most were $7-9.

I enjoyed the atmosphere and think Brix will have more lasting power than its predecessor.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?