Sunday, July 15, 2007

 

Sushi Axiom: The chic new kid on the block

The strip center exterior of Sushi Axiom is boring, but walk through the door and discover Fort Worth's chic new sushi hotspot. The interior has a hip vibe that makes it fun for a date. As you may know, I am a huge fan of Edohana so when I heard that the former manager was opening his own restaurant, I was eager to try it. On our first trip, FWJoey and I tried the calamari ($7.00) which I thought was too heavy on the black pepper, but FWJoey disagreed and thought the black pepper made this spicy calamari some of his favorite in town.

The menu offers a very large selection of cooked and uncooked items as well as a huge selection of martinis. Every roll tried has been good with favorites including the Colonial Roll and the Axiom Roll. The sea bass was a tasty entree, but the chicken spring rolls were boring and bland. A better starter was the crab spring rolls ($5).

So...is Sushi Axiom better than Edohana? No because both places offer delicious food. Things that are better about Edohona include: Slightly larger specialty rolls and the TEMPTATION roll. Things better about Sushi Axiom: Larger interior which means less of a wait, hip scene, and more extensive offering of appetizers, entress and martinis. For me, I'll keep going to both of these yummy sushi joints!

4625 Donnelly Ave,Ft Worth, TX 76107
817 735 9100
http://www.sushiaxiom.com/

Comments:
I don't know about that. For me the extra half mile drive down Hulen to Edohana may not be worth it.

I tried Axiom for the first time this weekend. I was surprised and impressed in every way.

The "Tower of Pisa" roll was just as good, if not better, than Edohana's "Tower Park." I highly recomend the "Snow White" roll. And most importantly, the Sashimi dinner was excellent and reasonably priced. Frankly, I have had some sashimi at Edohana lately that was subpar and each time there is less and less avocado in the Tower Park and more cucumber.

I loved the atmosphere at Axiom and the space, much more room than Edohanna. Also, good Sapora on Draft. 20oz I think, for $4.00.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?