Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

Piranha Killer Sushi: Worth a visit!

I have been to Piranha at least three times for lunch and have enjoyed myself every time. I have not tried one menu item that I didn't like. At the same time, however, I have not found that one menu item that I go crazy over (you know...like with the temptation roll at Edohana on Hulen or the garlic stuffed tenderloin at Lonesome Dove or the shrimp and scallop enchilada at Bonnell's or the paris crepe at Sapore, need I say more?). I am still searching for the one thing that I will crave so much that I cannot resist having to go to Piranha at that very moment!

Just because I haven't found that item yet, does not mean it does not exist; therefore, I will continue to revist Piranha! Not only has the food been good, I really enjoy the atmosphere. It is lively and hip without being pretentious.

For starters, I am a big fan of the cucumber and tomato salad. This is not for everyone though because there is a wasabi based sauce that has a kick drizzled over the entire salad. I like to pair this salad with a "roll" and make a meal. My favorite starter so far has probably been the chicken spring rolls. Also good are the crab cakes with pineapple and mango salsa. The only "signature roll" I have tried is the Sexxy Roll which has coconut shrimp, crawfish, avocado, ginger cream, cilantro, topped with mango. It was very good.

During my last visit, I had the sesame seared tuna (found on the appetizer menu) as my meal. It was a good sized portion that I found very satisfying. The tuna was very fresh and I liked the chili aoli but I did not love the sauce. I think I would have preferred the tuna with a soy based sauce but it was yummy nevertheless!

Two of my friends recently shared the pad thai and said it was the best they had had - better than Pei Wei (which I love). Many of the entrees sound delicious, but there are just so many that I need more time to try them all. Guess I'll be going back again soon!

Piranha has an impressive martini list that I have not yet ordered from since I have only been at lunch. I am looking forward to trying them!

I recommend making reservations for lunch or dinner because this place is downtown's newest hotspot.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?